Clinics and Services
- Immunisations, e.g. childhood immunisations
- Foreign travel advice and immunisation.
- Private Medicals – Our GP’s are able to carry out medical reports and reviews. Taxi/HGV/Insurance.
- Smoking Cessation – Any patient who is a smoker and ready to stop smoking will be seen by one of our practice nurses. Offered treatment/ referral or both.
- Respiratory Clinic – As part of chronic disease management we run Asthma and COPD review clinics. The practice has facilities for and spirometry / lung function testing.
- Diabetic Clinic – We provide a diabetes appointment each week to provide ongoing care for our diabetic patients and run by trained nurses and supervised by GP’s.
- Family Planning Services – Our family planning service is run by our Drs and the nurses who are able to provide all contraceptive advice.
- Flu vaccination – At the Centre we offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus.
- Phlebotomy – The Practice offer weekly clinics for blood tests. But we also endeavour to provide our elderly and debilitated bloods during other days. The weekly service is for all patients in St Helens.
- Midwifery – The community midwives hold their own clinics at the practice once a week for our patients. They supervise antenatal/ immediate postnatal care, undertake deliveries in hospital and at home where appropriate.
- Minor surgery – We offer a number of minor operations/surgeries. The minor operations are performed by Dr Rakesh Chopra who is a trained surgeon. Every patient gets a full written consent.
- Cryotherapy -can be carried out by most of our doctors.
- Joint injections.
- Ear syringing – Eccleston medical Centre has facilities for ear syringing.
- Well person checks – These can be carried out with any practice nurse.
- ECG monitoring – We have an functioning ECG machine in the practice And we have a link with a Manchester service wherein we get an electronic, reported with 10 minutes.
- Cervical screening – Our nurses are qualified to carry out cervical screening and tests in the form of cervical smears.
- Child development clinics; these are run by Dr Chopra, but are now also being provided other GP’s now.
- Heath visitor – They also provide child development clinics doing their end of the assessments.
- Dementia screening – this is provided by a software on a dedicated iPad provided specifically for this purpose.
- Wound dressings – Our practice nurses provide basic wound care
- 24 Hr BP Monitoring – We have a 24 hr ambulatory BP monitor and software
In House Clinics
- Podiatry – we have in house podiatry for our patients and for patients across St Helen
- ENT – the surgery has a dedicated ENT suite where twice weekly ENT outpatients clinics are carried out for patients from St Helens
The Practice Nurses
Chantell Langley & Alison Lomax are available by appointment for surgery or telephone consultations Monday – Friday.
They hold various clinics including
- Diabetic Clinics
- Asthma/COPD Clinics – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please use our online form.
- Hypertension Clinics
- Heart Disease Clinics
- Well Person Clinics
- Health Check
They are also happy to see patients for:
- Cervical Smears & Family Planning
- Travel Advice – For vaccinations, medication and travel advice please see our Travel Room.
- Minor Illness’s
- Blood Pressure Monitoring – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please use our online form.
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Blood Tests
We also offer contraceptive implants, insertion and removal and IUCD insertion and removals. Please enquire at reception
The antenatal clinic is held every Thursday between 09:15 and 11:00 by appointment.
The doctor will undertake minor surgical procedures. Each individual case should be discussed with the doctor, following this an appointment will be offered. Please make an appointment at reception for minor surgery.
Everyone between the ages of 40 and 74, and do not suffer from heart disease, stroke, diabetes or kidney disease, will be invited for a check once every five years. If you are outside the age range and concerned about your health you should contact us.
Community clinics are held at the surgery on a Tuesday morning and all appointments are initially via a GP referral. Appointments are arranged via the Chiropody Dept. at Whiston tel. no. 0151 290 2000. If you have any queries regarding an appointment please contact the department direct.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required. Visit our online Travel Room for more information.
Are you A Carer?
If you care for or provide help and support to someone in your family, a friend or a neighbour who could not manage without your help, then you are a carer. The help needed may be due to frailty, illness, learning or physical disability, sensory impairment or mental illness.
We have a Carers notice board in reception with up to date information from the carers centre. We also have a carers champion who should be able to deal with any help or questions you may have.
You can find a range of local St Helens services available to you in our online Wellbeing Room.